Table of Contents
Transferring a domain to Gandi
Thank you for choosing Gandi! We take great pride in your trust, and in managing your domain in an ethical and transparent manner.
Once you are sure that your domain may be transferred to Gandi, you may begin the transfer process by following the steps below:
- Check the status of your transfer
- Error messages and their solution If your transfer encounters an error, here is what you can do to fix it.
Special domain name transfer process/tips by extension
Most ccTLDs have special transfer procedures. Here are some of the more popular extensions:
- Summary of transfers by extension: who sends confirmation emails, and what happens to the expiration date of the domain after the transfer.
Transferring your domain **away** from Gandi
Transfer deadlines and particularities
The following table shows the minimum number of days following an operation that must pass before a transfer can be launched, as well as any special notes concerning the transfer process.
|extension||after creation||after transfer||comments|
|ICANN-sponsored domains (eg. the “generic” TLD, such as .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, etc.)||60 days||60 days||The owner contact at the former registrar, and the future owner contact at Gandi must accept a confirmation email within 6 days after the transfer is launched.|
|.CO.UK, .ME.UK, .ORG.UK||none||none||the TAG must be changed to the new registrar's TAG|
- ICANN Policy on Transfer of Registrations between Registrars (in effect until 31 May 2012)
- ICANN Policy on Transfer of Registrations between Registrars (in effect until 30 January 2015)
- ICANN Policy on Transfer of Registrations between Registrars (effective as of 31 January 2015)
Last modified: 09/05/2018 at 14:30 by Ryan A. (Gandi)